by Dave Sharp on Apr 17th, 2011
We posted great stuff this week:
- Review of Chicken Little’s new split EP
- Interview with Norwood Fisher of Fishbone
- Photo gallery of Parachute Musical’s showcase at the Basement
- Photo gallery of the World/Inferno Friendship Society with Stuck Lucky, Chicken Little
- Stuck Lucky On the Local
- My Mom’s Interview with MxPx
All the while in Nashville…
- The patriarch of JEFF The Brotherhood, Robert Ellis Orral, reflected on parenting and the duo growing up: “Jake was intense, confident, and curious—almost magic in a way. His brother looked up to him. When Jamin was little, he wore a different costume every day, always doing characters like Luke Skywalker or Batman, and they had to be perfect.”
Also mentioned: Diarrhea Planet
- Eastern Block killed at Music City Mayhem and took home the crown. See ya at Live on the Green, dudes. http://lightning100.com/2011/04/12/music-city-mayhem-champs/
- JEFF The Brotherhood was confirmed for Bonnarroo.
- Nashville Film Festival showcased two must-see premiers: Better than Something: Jay Reatard – the story of the late Memphis musician – and Everyday Sunshine: The Story of Fishbone, which was an unusual journey for one of the most unusual bands around; to celebrate, we interviewed Norwood Fisher: http://sinizine.net/interviews/2011/04/fishbone-interview/
- The Commonwealth of American Natives have new t-shirts for sale and a few new tracks to hear: http://www.facebook.com/commonwealthofamericannatives
- Parachute Musical’s frontman, Josh Foster has released a solo track called “Saturday Night.” Teaser video is below, download here: http://www.mattstager.com/aux/joshfoster.html?iframe=true&width=800&height=461
- One of the coolest things I’ve discovered recently? Bridge Nine’s digital music subcriptions site. Its cool even for the sticklers for the novelty of physical records. Its all about convenience – anytime you want some Lemuria, Give Up The Ghost or Defeater, its at your finger tips. Unlimited annual memberships are $30. TheB9.com
- Mark your calendars for April 26 – that’s when Silverstein will drop their fifth studio album. Don’t miss it, seriously – we’ve heard it and it’s good. Cover art’s here: http://sinizine.net/wp2.9/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Rescue_albumart.jpg
- Also on the April 16, one of our favorite compilations and musical movements, Take Action, will release TAKE ACTIONA Compilation For Charity Volume 10. Silverstein, Bayside, Polar Bear Club, The Swellers and Texas In July will participate in this year’s tour. Don’t get too excited though, Nashville’s not on the itinerary.
- Slightly Stoopid‘s “420 At The Greek” celebration featuring Bad Brains, Barrington Levy, and special guests Karl Denson, Don Carlos and Del Tha Funky Homosapien on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at The Greek Theater. The band recently decided to donate all their proceeds to Music for Relief to benefit Japan aid. Wish we could make it, what an amazing lineup.
- The Wonder Years will release there next album Suburbia I’ve Given You All And Now I’m Nothing on June 14 on Hopeless Records. They’ll be at Rocketown on 4/30.